Thursday, June 26, 2008

Things have been crazy latley. So it has been a while since I last wrote.

We moved, and things have been so much better, a change is obviously what we needed. That place was driving us insane.

Dylan has been off the walls!

Today, while he was telling me about his day.

"Mama's peed on the bed all by herself!"
"That's bold"
"You can't pee on the bed, on the red blanket! That's YUCKY!"

*As he starts cracking up laughing*
"That's so silly, her is crazy!"

Really, I have no idea where he comes up with some of this stuff! (Mama's is the babysitters dog...her name is actually precious, but Sir Dylan call's her Mama's! LOL)

Yesterday, when we got home from work/the babysitters, he goes into his room and comes running out..."Me just got to go a-nite, OK?!"...by all means, if you want to go to bed, have at it! I could use the break!

Latley, he has decided that he is going to take at least 3 hours to go to bed every night, he comes out of his room like 300 times telling me he is "scared" for one reason or another, or "me just have to give you a kiss" or whatever else he can come up with...I might be in the need of Nanny 911! LOL

With that being said, why do people always find the need to ask you dumb questions/give you advise when you are clearly not looking for it? Today while outside on a break, I was chatting with a co-worker, she asked me if things were getting better with Sir Dylan (we had been talking about the above issue a few weeks ago...because yes, this has been going on for the past month), I started to say that while things are still not good/what they used to be with the sleeping situation, but we are getting back to it - when someone chimes in (mind you, not a "friend", not even a "work friend" just someone who chimed in - asked me something like "Do you let him come into bed with you, because kids like to play games like that just so they can go to sleep in your bed"

Ok, (1) did I say/you hear anything about an issue with him coming into my bed? (2) I have no problem with him coming into my bed if he wants to - if that is gonig to make him more comfortable and get him (and me) a good night sleep (3) why is it any of your business how I parent my child or who I let sleep in my bed?

Really, I don't mind getting advice, I actually like it, she just pissed me off in her condicending tone! I just wanted to slap her - I controled myself, but I was tempted to at least get a little bitchy, but I bit my tounge! Something I have thankfully learned to do...I would get myself into trouble if I didn't.

Well, since Dylan is actually sleeping - I am going to get some sleep in myself while I have the chance

No comments: