Saturday, September 8, 2007

I don't want to hear it...

So, I didn't have the time to write the other day but I was about 3 breaths away from going over the deep end!

Terry was not being pleasent, it was hot, I was tired and basically cranky myself and Dylan was being a monster!

I folded the same load of laundry I swear 17 times! Each time I put the last piece of clothing down - he would push everything off of the table onto the floor! I was so livid! My mother, as I was venting to her on the phone, took this as the perfect opportunity to give me the not so useful motherly advice that they just can't help but let out every once and a while.

Mom: "You know Shannon, he is two! You know what they say about terrible twos, and I think that terrible three's was much worse so you have that to look forward to also."

Me: "Yeah, thanks Mom, that is what I needed to hear right now!"

Mom: "Well, what is he doing?"

Me: "Driving me insane! He doesn't listen to a word I say, I just keep repeating myself over and over and over again, and he is being obnixous and he thinks it is funny!!"

Mom: "Well, he's at that age, he is two you know?!"

Me: **In my mind I am screaming, I know who damn old he is...I was there remember!**

Why is it that they ALWAYS need to put their "point" in everything? I know he is two for crying out loud! What I wanted to hear was that I am not a horrible mother, that it is normal to want to pull your eye lashes out every once and a while...that it is normal to want to go into a room, close the door and scream until nothing will come out anymore! I want to hear that what I am going through...not what he is going through is normal!

By the end of that day, I was really at the end of every string I had left in my being...he FINALLY went to lay down for the night and I just sat in the middle of my living room, folding that same load of laundry again (I gave up after attempt 17 during the day and decided that it could wait until he went to sleep to maintain my sanity) and cried, I didn't move for probably 15 minutes or so, then I had a nice cold drink - looking back I probably should have added something nice and stiff to it, but at the time the cold was all that I needed. I sat on my peaceful back porch and listened to the noise around me...not loud, nothing to really even keep your attention, yet peaceful and I think exactly what I needed at that time.

It was nice, to finally have a break.

I really just might have created a monster, but damn, is he cute, and he is all mine!

No comments: