Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ramblings...

Well, I don't really have all that much to write about, but I feel like writing, so I will come up with something!

I know, Dylan and school. He is only 2 1/2 right now and will not turn 3 until February so he will not be going to school until next year (nursery school/preschool) so I need to figure out what type of environment I want him in, what I think will be the best setting for him. To be honest, at this moment, I haven't got a clue! I know that he needs to be around other kids, he needs others to play with and to interact with. He is wonderful at being alone, playing by himself and entertaining himself, he likes to have his freedom and be left alone to play and go about his business, so it is nice, I can get minor breaks throughout the day, if you ask him what he is doing, he will sternly tell you "Playing"! It is so funny!

There is a catholic nursery school a few blocks away, I went there when I was younger. I think that it would be a good school, help Dylan learn some discipline and control - he has a very hard time understanding his boundaries, we are working on it but I think that a setting like that may be good for him. On the other hand, I don't know if I want to force religon upon Dylan, another issue all together, but still one that I have.

I am catholic, baptised, went to religion classes, made my first communion, all of that. But I have not baptised Dylan, I am not very religious and I don't know if I really want to "force" it upon Dylan, of course on the other hand, there is nothing wrong with preschool, they may teach him about religion, which I have no problem with but nothing will be forced upon him, at that age he would be too young.

Then with preschool comes elementary, that is a whole new story. I know that I do not want him to go to the public school where we currently live, but I think that I would prefer him to be in public schools, I think they are the most diverse and allow more independence and freedom than private schools. Thankfully, I have a full year to decide on preschools and two for elementary - I am going to reasearch some right now!

No comments: