Wednesday, October 3, 2007

By the way...

He actually stayed in bed - if only this will continue to work - ignoring the "hold you" just so you will carry him into bed 700 times, and he will just fall asleep and I can bring him to bed.

He will catch on to me by the end of the week, but maybe by then he will be over it and stop doing it anyway - he is 2, the phases that he goes through never last long!

I forgot...Darcy (the babysitter) is going out of town to visit family, so I get a long weekend...maybe this time I can get our back room/office type room cleaned and the living room and dinning room.

We want to paint and stuff like that, I am pretty sure Terry is just as sick as I am of looking at the same old typicaly apartment ...everything, and I mean everything white - the walls, doors, trim, everything - we need color in our lives for crying out loud!

I have no idea what colors I want though...that is the tricky part - I am hald tempted to go with some crazy blue or geen color for Dylan's room, but I don't know if it will be too much - I mean, how far should I go with a theme - because anything I pick he will outgrow quickly with each new thing that comes out - but all of the shows and characters that he likes all have one common theme blue and green, so I think that I am going to use them - now I just need to figure out HOW blue and/or green. Our living room and dinning room are basically the same room with a nice arch way in between - but still the same none the less, so whatever we pick for both rooms has to go with each other, but I want nothing to do with them being the same color, the bathroom, I want like a sage green with a little pale purple and yellow somewhere in there (even if it is just towels and things like that).

The kitchen, don't get me started, it is aweful and stupid...the room itself is pretty big, especially for an apartment - but the set up is all wrong - on one wall there are two doors - one to our back porch and the other to the back stairs that go out into the yard (we live on the second story so we can't just go off the porch into the yard, so we get two doors), then, another wall has a window and then a sink and then a window...yes folks, the sink is not in front of a window - apparently the ideal location is in between two windows...I wish I knew what was wrong with people!! Then off to the next wall...we have this HUGE radiator that takes up all sorts of un-necessary space, followed by an even more ridiclious built in china closet type thing that has 27...yes count the 27 layers of ...you guessed it WHITE PAINT...followed by another door into our living room...random right? A door between your kitchen and living room? I don't know maybe that is just me..anyway, the final wall starts out all weird and indented like and then the stove that we are only able to move in one foot in either direction because it is a gas stove so it obviously needs to remain near the gas line...followed by ....any takers on a guess? Yup, another door....so, although there is "space" it is worthless....it drives me insane!

Did you notice that no where in that description was a dishwasher...that is because I live an aweful and horrible life and have to wash them by hand...I know sucks to be me! LOL

Basically, the only thing that we would really be able to do is paint it...that is the only thing worth doing anyway since it is not our house..but it could use any change that it can get!

Well, now that I am done rambling....off to bed

No comments: