Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just another day...

Our power went out last night! It was not fun, I got out of work at 5 and the thunder was already going. We stopped at the store and picked up some stuff for dinner yesterday and today, then we picked Dylan up, got home and made dinner - we ate and as soon as we were done (literally - put the fork down) the power went out - so that was right around 6pm - we didn't get it back until 4am.

Dylan thought that he was in trouble or was being bold...he asked to watch his movie (normal routine for when he is starting to calm down and relax for the night) but we obviously could not turn it on since there was no power - he kept telling me to fix it and when I explained to him that I could not fix it he asked Daddy to fix it...got the same story from him - I told him that we had to wait for the big trucks to come and fix it because it was broken and only they knew how to fix it - so he kept telling Terry to call the fire trucks to fix the movie - it was so cute...poor thing.

It is so humid today - thank god the power is back on because our second floor apartment would be an oven when we got home if it wasn't. And...Terry works outside all day so he lives for the moments he gets to finally be comfortable in the a/c!

Things have been great for the last few days...we had a big blow out (sort of) on Saturday...I think that after everything that was said and had to be said was put out in the open things have started to get better. Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues!

I have been having some trouble financially and it is really starting to stress me out, I am trying to get everything taken care of by the end of September and for the most part I think that is going to work for me but there are a few things that I know are not going to be handled by then and that causes some extra stress in my already stressed out world. I have decided that it is finances that make me miserable. Hopefully, I will be able to get out from underneath everything shortly. I am really trying, it just doesn't always feel like enough. Sometimes I wonder if I am better off filing for bankruptcy but I can't bring myself to do it, I am determined to get it all taken care of and not take the easy way out. But it would sure be nice to not have to deal with it anymore.

Well, I have to get back to work...I will be back later with some more updates when things calm down around here!

No comments: