Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Tuesday Night (sorry...posting late)!

The Lights went out on Broadway

Wednesday, July 11, 2007


**For the love of who ever...can we please get this damn power situation under control!!! I have had it up to whatever you can think of that is really really high!!! LOL
UUUggghhhhhh!!! Last night, again we went for a drive, it has been nice doing this - we used to all of the time, just get in the car and drive with no destination in sight! It is one of the things that I love to do with Terry - where we just get to spend time without people around to get in the way and cause drama! It is so peaceful! It was hard for a while when Dylan was really little, you can't just make him sit in the car when all he wants to do is run - but he likes the drives to!
So, we start driving - Terry says that he needs to get gas but he just didn't feel like stopping at that exact moment - we keep driving and eventually pass oh I don't know, some where around 27 gas stations all light up like the 4th of July with people coming and going happily pissing their life earnings away in gas...but no, he does not stop!
We start driving up to Saratoga...for those who are not from around this area it is about a 25-30 minute drive on the highway - we get off and start driving around the cute little city streets. Terry says that he really needs to get gas now because the truck is on "E" - ok, so there is a gas station within 5 minutes if we hit every traffic light along the way and get stuck in traffic....we reach the gas station - there are people lined up all around the gas pumps some standing next to their cars...people are coming in and out of the store - but it is dark..no lights...nothing - they are out of power - can't get gas, so I wonder to myself what the hell all of these people are doing hanging out at the gas pumps...apparently it was the cool thing to do on a Tuesday night.
We keep driving...we get to the other side of the town's little strip thing and there is power on the entire right side of the road but the left is without - the only gas station that I can remember that is on that road is on the what side? You guessed it...the left, and guess what ...no power and everyone hanging out at the gas pumps again like it is the cool thing to do!
So we drive, I keep giving him a hard time about how he is going to run out of gas and have to walk until he finds a gas station and at least it still isn't 90 and humid and he will be able to breath while walking (he didn't thnk that was as funny as I did!!! LOL) eventually there is a gas station...and Ladies and Gentleman...the LIGHTS WERE ON!!! There were people at the pumps, people walking in the store...but guess what...there was a sign on the door "Due to Power outages we are currently closed"....are you kidding me?! LOL the LIGHTS ARE ON...WHAT POWER OUTAGE!!!
Anyway, obviously we CANNOT get gas - BUT there is another gas station across the street - we pull up to the pumps and then....THE DAMN POWER WENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By this point, this is seriously all comical - we are laughing and having a good time, I continue to bust his balls telling him that he is going to have to walk in the middle of no where FOREVER to find a gas station that he can actually get gas out of!
We decided to jump back on the highway and drive down there was power our whole way up in that direction...well, at least I didn't notice that there was not any until we needed gas...FINALLY 5 exits down the highway WE FOUND GAS...the store was open, they had power...it was lovely!
It was a good time!!!
So, this morning I wake up and turn on the news I need to hear what the weather is going to be because it has been changing every 15 minutes all week and I need to know how to get dressed for the day...well, I hear the traffic first...some ASSHOLE was driving the WRONG way down the highway - probably in the hammer lane doing 70 or something and hit a tanker truck...the highway is closed and they are re-routing traffic...to the road a block away from my house that I need to drive down to get to work because the damn building is on the same god for saken road! Uggghhhh! It took me 52 minutes to drive 3 miles and it should have only taken me 5 minutes! So, I think I am going to be cute and cut across another road...which would have worked perfectly if the frekin' lights on the road we were working and the worthless police department was directing traffic (and were not doing a very good job of it) - so again what should have taken me 3 minutes took 15 it was crazy! I am now at work and get to listen to people complain about how hard life is....you know it must be hard making $300 an hour just to be an attorney...and have no common sense or a brain in your head at the same time!!!
Ok, I am done! I will get off my soap box! I hope your morning started off better!!!

No comments: